Saturday, October 27, 2012

10-28 Six Sentence Sunday



My first novel, The Tourist Killer, is now available on Amazon.  The print edition will be out later. 
In this scene, retired FBI agent, John Hixon, and his billionaire client, Julian Thibaut, ponder their relationship.

The two men who seemed to have little in common, yet made companions by a finesse of fate, stood and admired the one acre pond in the valley below Hixon’s redoubt. It was a smooth and clear mirror reflecting the beauty of the mountains in the early morning light.Later, a gentle breeze added ripples to the surface but when the sun found clear skies above the balsam pines, a painful glare obstructed the view.  Unexpected events had forced the cooperation of opposing personalities. As they stood there admiring their surroundings, each man questioned how they would relate to each other. Would they become friends?

Now, sample the work of over 150 other great writers HERE.

15 comments:

  1. Good writing. Set the stage. Then ask the crucial question. You have a story if they become friends. You may have a better story if they don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment.

      Their relationship is an important element of my next novel, "The President's Club." Stay tuned....

      Delete
  2. In my experience, friends who tend be the complete opposite of me, are the best. They always lead me into the most amazing adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. Great observation. You should see -- er, read the amazing adventure these two enjoy together!

      Delete
  3. Great description. Interested to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very interested to find out if they become friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if there's a mirroring of their relationship in the description of your pond. Lovely six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very perceptive observation, Monica. I was hoping someone would pick up on that.
      Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete
  6. A great way to end this with the last line. Raises a lot of questions. Good six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Frank. I hope the desire for readers to get the answers will translate into more sales!

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed your pond description. I thought maybe the ripples represented their relationship. First time over here. I'm trying to visit more Sixers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by Carrie. I hope you enjoy SSS.

      Delete
  8. Great visuals here. I liked how the scene ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, S.E. I think Hixon and Thibaut liked the ending, too.

      Delete
  9. I love how the description sets the scene for their relationship. Nice six. :)

    ReplyDelete